Baked Brie Phyllo Pastry Parcel with Cranberry Garnish
Melted gooey cheese is as sinful and decadent as food comes. In fact, the very thought of it seduces me and makes me drool. And when this particularly scrumptious appetizer is paired with freshly made cranberry sauce and a bit of crunch my love for cheese turns into more of a liaison.
Our Baked Brie Recipe
This particular baked brie recipe is a favorite of mine and has been used countless times to impress guests. However, when I don’t find myself entertaining friends or family, I also use this simple dish as a mood lifter, especially if I’ve had one of those not-so-good days at the office. Nevertheless, what I’d like to specify to you is that the wonderful thing about this baked brie dish is that it’s completely vegetarian! So, if you happen to be catering for two types of eaters, you won’t have to flick through dozens of cookbooks in order to think of two separate dishes to prepare for meat-eaters and vegetarians. You’ll be able to please both with this scrumptious appetizer that will leave both you and your guests wanting more!
If you’re making one parcel to share between guests, this simple dish will only take you about 15 minutes to prepare. However, provided that you decide to make individual portions of this dish, it will probably take you longer.
1 Round of Brie
1 Packet of Phyllo Pastry
3 TableSpoons of Butter (Melted)
1 Packet of Dried Cranberries / 1 Box of Fresh Cranberries
⅓ Cup Orange rind /Lemon zest
3 Tablespoons Honey /Sugar
2 teaspoons Cornstarch
2 cups water
½ a pack of walnuts
2 tablespoons of honey to drizzle
Preparing the Cranberry Sauce
1) Boil a cup of water in a pot.
2) Throw in the dried cranberries in the hot water to hydrate them and set the burner on a low flame. Allow the sauce to simmer for around 10 to 15 minutes.
3) If the water has dried out, you should then add one cup of water to the mixture.
4) Next, sweeten the mixture by adding sugar or honey.
5) Add 2 teaspoons of cornstarch to thicken sauce.
6) Simmer sauce until ready.
7) Once the sauce reaches the right consistency, you can take it off the flame.
Preparing the Baked Brie Phyllo Parcel
1) Heat the oven to 180 ℃ or 400 °F.
2) Melt the butter in saucepan or put it in a bowl and melt in the microwave.
3) Separate the layers of phyllo pastry carefully.
4) Lay out the sheets of pastry on a flat surface and gently brush the pastry with the melted butter.
5) Place the round of Brie in the center of the pastry and half so. Then proceed to pour some cranberry sauce in the center and sand which together.
6) Next, seal the pastry and lightly brush the outside with butter. Have a look at the photo below to get an idea of what it should look like.
7) Cover a baking tray with baking paper and place the baked Brie Phyllo Pastry on it. Once you’re done place the tray in the oven and bake until golden brown.
Placing the Food
1) Place the pastry in the middle of the plate and drizzle honey along with some cranberry sauce.
2) Put the golden brown phyllo pastry parcel in the center of the plate.
3) Add some extra garnish by drizzling some more honey and crushed walnuts.