Loaded Beef Nachos – Hearty & Flavorsome
One of my all-time favorite snacks to make at the weekend has got to be nachos loaded with ground beef, melted cheddar, beans, bright red salsa and spicy jalapenos to give the nachos a bit of a kick. Of course, sometimes when I’m not in the mood for so much spice, I also like serving them up with a side of sour cream and some slices of avocado or guacamole in order to help reduce the heat when it all gets too much to handle.
Once it’s done, you’ve got the perfect companion for the weekend. A scrumptious plate of load beef nachos to serve up for you and your loved ones. Is your mouth watering yet? Have a look at our recipe below to get well on your way to making this fantastic treat!
4 cloves garlic
400 grams ground beef
1 tablespoon oil
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chilli powder
1 beef stock cube
1½ cup water
1 packet plain nachos
1 packet shredded mature cheddar
1 can Beans
1 large pan
1 large baking tray
1 sheet of Baking paper
1 small bowl
Method: How to Prepare Loaded Beef Nachos
- Take out a large pan and drizzle some sunflower oil in it. Then, set the pan on low heat.
- Once you’re done, chop up the garlic cloves finely and put them in the pan.
- Fry the garlic lightly and crumble the beef stock into 1/2 a cup of hot water. When the stock dissolves, you can then pour it into the pan and mix it with the garlic.
- In a small bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together. These include the paprika, cumin,chilli powder, salt and pepper.
- Next, put all of your ground beef into the pan together with your dry ingredients. Stir the mixture using a wooden spoon and simmer. Keep stirring the beef and add another ½ cup of water, if your mixture appears to have dried up. The beef should take approximately twenty minutes to cook.
- Drain the can of beans from the liquid by using a sieve. Then, add the beans to the mixture.
- While the beef is cooking in the pan, you should then take out a large baking tray and cover it with a sheet of baking paper.
- Open your packet of nachos and cover your baking tray with a thin layer of nachos.
- Put some shredded cheddar on the nachos and cover them with another thin layer of crispy nachos. Once again, put some shredded cheddar on the nachos along with some dollops of salsa and beef. You can also add some jalapenos if desired.
- Bake in the oven for about 10-15 mins on 180 °C until the cheddar has melted.
- Once they’re done, you can add a few slices of avocado and sour cream to your nachos either on top or on the side.
Go ahead dig in, you know you want to!